A Certificate of Deposit or CD at First State Bank is designed to give you a higher rate of return in exchange for a time commitment (term) on your deposit. Please contact customer service at 256-845-6101 for terms and current interest rates.
- You must deposit $500.00 to open this account.
- We may impose a penalty if you withdraw any of the principal before the maturity date.
- The account will renew automatically at maturity.
- You have 10 days after the maturity date to withdraw funds without a penalty.
- Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non cash items.
- We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
INDIVIDUAL RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS
First State Bank offers a selection of retirement accounts. Customers may choose from a Traditional IRA or Roth IRA. A Traditional IRA is an individual retirement account that is a special tax deferred savings plan to encourage participants to accumulate money for retirement. A Roth IRA is an individual retirement account to which participants are able to make annual non-deductible contributions. Please consult your tax advisor. These retirement accounts are on a time commitment (term). Please contact customer service at 256-845-6101 for terms and current interest rates.